As the event draws near, we understand you will be planning/finalising your presentation.
To enable you to be prepared we advise that each room will be equipped with the following:
- Data projector
- Laser pointer
- Wi-Fi access (throughout the conference venue)
If you require anything additional to the above, please email your request to email@example.com and we will endeavor to meet your requests.
Things to note
- The committee is encouraging all presenters to avoid standing behind the lectern to present. The format of your presentation should be in a similar style to a TED talk.
- In a TED Talk setting, this generally includes three sections. First, introduce your main idea and any background information. Second, present evidence for the main idea, so as to prove your point. Lastly, give your conclusion, based on the evidence provided. TED style presentations have minimal or even no slides. If slides are used, they are often highly visual, the images are of exceptional quality with maybe only one or two words on each. Characteristics of a great TED Talk:
Simple. The first is that the message needs to be simple. …
Clear. The next characteristic is clarity. …
Original. Here is where many TED talks distinguish themselves. …
Relevant. TED audiences expect new and interesting ideas – “Ideas Worth Spreading”. …
- If you have Presentation slides, they should be in widescreen format (16:9).
- You may use PPT or Prezi to prepare your presentation. You may use this PPT template Click Here, however there is no requirement for you to do so.
- You will need to bring your presentation with you on USB and load this to the Minyama 1 at least 2-3 hours prior to your scheduled presentation. Please do not send this to Leishman Associates prior to the Conference.
- If you have audio and/or video in your presentation, please ensure you have the files saved separately as embedding the media does not always include them in the PowerPoint file.
This will allow the Technical Team to re-embed and/or change the format of the video onsite if needed.
- If you are using custom fonts not found in the standard system fonts, please use the “Embed fonts in file” feature found in Save As/tools/save options. This will ensure that your fonts travel with the PowerPoint file when saved.
- Please ensure contents of your presentation including photos, data, graphs etc. are generated by yourself, referenced or the appropriate owner has granted you permission to include their work for educational purposes.
- You will be asked to sign a speaker release form allowing AGTA to make your presentation available on the AGTA Website in PDF Format.
Terms and conditions for presenters at AGTA 2022
All presenters must register and pay for at least the day of the conference on which they are presenting.
Presenters are entitled to register at the discounted early bird rate.
Copyright and uploading of presentations
Presenters are asked to agree that:
- a PDF of any presentation slides, handouts etc will be available on the conference website post conference.
- Presenters are responsible for obtaining appropriate copyright permissions for all presentation materials, including data, fonts, images etc. Citations and image credits must be included where appropriate.